Saturday, April 30, 2016

The night before...

As with every trip, I like to post a "night before departure" post.

This Africa trip has been an interesting one to plan. I guess it's not necessarily out of the ordinary for me, but this one especially has been one of extreme nerves, total peace, extreme anxiety, complete calm... This is also the first time there has been someone back home that I'm dreading leaving behind.

I can't wait to experience all of the things on my itinerary and finally be able to blab about all the details of my trip that I can't yet spill! 

In keeping with tradition, my current "song on repeat" for the trip is: Touch The Sky

My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground


There has been a lot of prayer over this trip and this song has been such a good reminder of letting go of worries and fears. Easier said than done, especially when it comes to my own life, but nonetheless it has been calming me down. :)

Next post will be from SA!!  Hello 24 hour travel day! (That's just travel... I'll be up for a lot more than 24 hours! Ick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment