Thursday, April 19, 2012

Breakup #2

These past 3 months have been full of tough decisions...


Well, I think most everyone knows about my breakup with the music industry. It’s weird because the past year and half, the music biz consumed so much of my life. Everything I did (career wise) related to the industry. Any chance I got, I would be doing an internship, working a concert, shadowing someone in the biz, etc.

Ever since I gave up the music industry, I really haven’t had much inclination to even attend concerts. We’ve been hit with different shows and tours, but I haven’t gone to a single one. Normally, I would have signed up to work regardless of liking the band… and now, I simply don't go at all. It’s a drastic change, but honestly, I don’t miss it. I think I went overboard with all things music, which in turn caused a major burnout.

Leaving that 4th and final internship was not easy. Like I said, the people there were great. It probably would have been the best internship for me… I remember talking with the Club Director that day and telling him about where I was at trying to figure out post-college life. He had asked if I was still looking at pursuing music as a career and it was at that moment that everything froze. I didn’t think I would get emotional, but I did. I came close to tears when I said no…. but I had total peace about the decision. I felt bad about leaving, but things have been going well all things considered.

Since then… I found an opportunity at a church down in Nashville that offers a yearlong internship. It’s an unpaid internship, but 1. It’s Nashville. 2. It’s free room and board. I submitted my application and had a phone interview this week.

This is where breakup #2 comes into play. Before I could do my interview, I canceled.  I canceled because it’s not time for Nashville. Not yet, anyway.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I want to be down there more than anything, but whenever I think about it, I get this overwhelming sense that I need to be here… in Cincy. (hmmm… sounds a little like high school) “Maybe this isn’t where you want to be right now, but it’s where God needs you to be.” 

I was at work when I was scheduled to interview… And after I had the quick conversation about not being able to complete the process, I was a wreck. Again.  I did my best to keep composure, but I felt the tears coming on.

So that's what has been happening in my life up to this point... I'm just a typical college grad who doesn't know what she's doing with her life.

Oh! But there's one thing I do know... this is where I'm supposed to be right here, right now... and I thank God for that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment