Thursday, February 14, 2013

NEW ZEALAND

So.... I made it!

I'm here in Muriwai Beach which is close to Auckland. It took a little over 23 hours to get here, but the first day wasn't as long as I thought it would be.

Anyway, I'm currently staying with 3 German girls and a Kiwi guy.  We've worked on cleaning/dusting around the house and have been sanding a boat in exchange for free meals/accomodation. It's about a 10 minute walk from the beach.

The other day, Carla (one of the German girls) and I walked a good 5 hours or so -- around 6km (a little over 3.5 miles) up and down the coastal cliffs. It was AMAZING! We had a lot of fun... until we had no way of getting home.  It's all good though...we made it back safe and sound with some good stories to tell!





Tomorrow we're supposed to go horseback riding along the beach and Saturday/Sunday we're planning on going into the city. We have a kayak tour planned for Sunday so I'm pretty stoked about that.


I think that's all for now... not sure where I'm headed come Monday, but that's part of the adventure! 

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment