Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sweet As!

Like my title?  It's apparently a commonly used phrase in NZ and I LOVE IT.  It sounds even better with an accent.  :)   I wanted to adopt a few Kiwi phrases and bring them back to the states, but I have to be careful when I say this because it can also sound like something else...

Anyway....we did another walk the other day, Goldie Beach, and it was crazy! The trail was all over the place... through the forrest, stream, climbing on the edge of rocks on the creek, etc.  And there were 324 steps to walk back up at the very end!  I think I'm going to lose some weight while I'm here! :) I arrived back at the house a little early and had no way of getting in... so I chilled with the neighbors for a little bit. I had never met them before, but they were SO NICE!! I have yet to meet a mean Kiwi.

Today is the last day in Muriwai Beach... we went on a kayaking tour off the coast of Auckland. Our guide and the other two people that were in our group were PHENOMENAL. That made the trip. (Although kayaking was nice too... just a lot of work!)  I really enjoyed talking with them. All were Kiwis and all were super nice!! The guide even wants to meet back up when we come back through town.






No comments:

Post a Comment