Sunday, March 10, 2013

sore legs

Walked Abel Tasman National Park yesterday. It was EXHAUSTING.  We started around 10am and finished a little before 7:30.  (yes, we walked the ENTIRE time with a few rest stops in between) I think it was a little over 12.5 miles. Afterwards I could barely walk. My legs have never been in such pain before! I literally could not straighten my legs and it was kind of freaky! Still feeling some pain today, but it's not as bad. Feels like I pulled all my muscles in both legs. AGH.


But it was pretty and I'm glad I can say that I did it. :)

Today we went to a beach at Golden Bay and that was also nice. We got to see some seal pups play in the water and it was really neat to watch them swim and jump. ANDDD! There was a creepy older man who greeted us. He was all excited that I was from the states (most people are from Germany) ... so he leaped up and gave me the longest hug ever. (he kind of reminds me of one of my homeless friends)  He also wanted to come back to Ohio with me. 


^SEAL PUP!




Also went to see Waikoropupu Springs which apparently has the clearest spring water in the world. (SO CLEAR!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment