Friday, April 12, 2013

the end is the beginning


Hands down this trip was probably the best thing I could have done for myself.  It was amazing. Challenging and difficult at times, but so worth it. 

I’m trying to prepare myself for answering questions when I get back. I’ve also been trying to reflect these past couple weeks on the trip as a whole. How have I changed? What have I learned? So many questions… and I don’t have a single answer. I don’t think I’ll even fully grasp this trip or wrap my mind around everything for weeks… even months, maybe.

Sorry to disappoint people, but I can’t answer any of those questions the way that I should. I’m anxious to see for myself what will happen when I get back. Will I be different?  Who knows.

Here are some things I do know:

I love traveling… and want to do SO MUCH MORE, but in smaller segments. No joke… the other night I started planning out the next 9 world trips. Its opened my eyes to a whole new world. HA!  But really, hearing about people taking off and traveling and seeing and exploring... that sounds so amazing! I want to see the world. This is the end, but it's also the beginning. I'm expecting a lot more world adventures in the near future. :)

This trip definitely pushed me…. especially New Zealand. I was with another person 24/7 for 6 or 7 weeks straight. That’s a lot of togetherness.  It was also "go, go, go" every single day and planning at the last minute… From the very beginning I had said that this trip would be good for me because it would force me to not be so up tight and to better "go with the flow…" but no. I still like to plan. I still NEED A PLAN. I also still worry when I don’t have to. I don’t think that’s going to change. And I know every single time that I worry, in the end everything will be okay…. But I still do it anyway.  So yes, New Zealand pushed me to go out more and do more things. (go, go, go mentality…. No time for rest) So hopefully I can keep some of that "go, go, go" spirit for back home. :)

Australia pushed me in meeting people. (which actually turned out to be really easy) I spent more time alone in OZ (on tours or in a hostel) and that’s where I met and talked to a good majority of the people. I think it’s easy over here though because backpackers/people traveling all have a common interest. Wish it was that easy to meet people back home! 

Another thing I realized is how much I love the tourism industry. Being a tourist for 2 months made me appreciate my job so much more. I had mostly good experiences these past 2 months, but there was one instance (it wasn’t a big deal)… in which the lady just seemed unhappy at her job. This in turn made me not want to be at her business. I want people to enjoy EnterTRAINment Junction. SO MUCH. And it makes me want to talk to everyone and find out their story and where they’re from and do whatever I can to make them love the place even more. 

Been working on a "BEST OF" video...still not happy with it, but I'm too tired to work on it anymore. Tried to make it as short as possible, but there was a lot to cram in there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment