Sunday, April 15, 2018

Amsterdam. Day 1

Ah, where to begin...

First and foremost, the night before we left we got a call informing us that one of our friends had passed away. It was sudden and unexpected... very hard to focus on anything that night. Our thoughts and prayers are with our friends at home and we are sorry that we can’t be there with you all during this time.

Second... we had a 4 hour delay (and the flight was almost cancelled!) out of DC to Amsterdam. Not cool. Originally when we were thinking it would be cancelled, United told us we wouldn’t be able to fly out for another two days. HECK NO!!!!

Thankfully, they got us a new plane and all was well.

Third... this was one of the greatest flights I’ve ever had!! I didn’t get sick the entire flight!!!! I also, for the first time ever, actually slept quite a bit!!! Thanks for your shoulder, Mike!! Also for the first time ever I arrived in my destination ready to go... I didn’t feel sleepy or wanting to go rest in the hotel. (This also might have been in part because I wanted to be reunited with my sister!)

Day 1:
Arrived in Amsterdam and met up with Carla and her sister at Upstairs Pancakes. It’s the smallest restaurant in Europe and only has 4 tables... we had strawberry pancakes which were delicious!!!


We then, by chance, wondered into a free walking tour with the help of Carla’s pleading skills. :)  Freedam tours was wonderful and so informative... we all learned a lot!

We took a couple wrong turns after that, but we finally made it to I Amsterdam and the canal cruise.

I was also reminded of why I love traveling with Carla so much... she makes everything fun! She had us all laughing so hard with her constant picture taking and strict rules for taking the perfect photo.
I'm OBSESSED with the buildings here in Amsterdam. I love taking pictures of the houses and businesses along the canals.




That's all for now! :) Will write more tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment