Wednesday, April 18, 2018

beautiful Switzerland :)

Back in Lucerne for the first time 11 years. Can't believe it has been that long!!

This time around has been much better...  I like the city last time, but this time it's actually SUNNY and beautiful weather! No rain and clouds like last time!

To start, our hotel is directly across from chapel bridge, which is super nice! We walked up and down the bridge, visited the Lion monument, and walked along the Musegg Wall. (didn't get to do musegg last time!)
The construction for the Chapel Bridge began in 1333. It's the world's oldest surviving truss bridge! (It also has interior paintings throughout!)
                                                             Iconic Jesuit church
      The Lion monument commemorates Swiss Guards who were massacred in the French Revolution
                                                          View from the Musegg wall
Part of the Musegg Wall!
We also did paddle boating on lake Lucerne and came back out at sunset to take some AMAZING pictures!!! 



I must have taken hundreds just at sunset alone...  :)   I love travel and I love taking photos. I hope that photos can be used to encourage people to visit new places and try out new things... it's funny because I take 50 photos of the same exact spot at the same exact time because I don't want to miss any of the beauty. I want it all to be captured in my photos, but real life is always better than pictures.

1 comment:

  1. This is a place I would love to visit. Glad you all are having fun.

    ReplyDelete