Saturday, March 30, 2019

Journey to Mt. Cook

I had never been to Mt. Cook before so this was a new experience for me. We ended up staying at Mt. Cook Lodge and Motels and it was one of my favorite stays EVER!! The views were absolutely beautiful and it's right in the heart of the village... which means easy access to so many beautiful hiking trails and even Mt. Cook itself!

The first day was a little cloudy, but the second day was absolutely gorgeous! I was nervous at first because the mountains were covered by clouds, but as we hiked along the clouds slowly moved so we could get the perfect view of Mt. Cook. We took the Hooker Valley Track which was about a 3 hour hike.













Absolutely stunning! Again, I can't speak highly enough of Mt. Cook village... reminded me a bit of our time in Patagonia. We could definitely come back and spend more time enjoying nature and all the trails of the area! It was one of my favorite days of the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment