Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Kia Ora!

Disclaimer: I have so many pictures of New Zealand that this post is only going to cover the first couple of days. We arrived in Christchurch in the south island and rented a car. The first day was just meant to explore Christchurch a little bit and be the setting off point for the rest of our trip!

Below are some pictures taken around Christchurch:


(cardboard cathedral... built out of cardboard after the earthquake)


(botanic gardens)


(memorial to the earthquake victims)




I was last in Christchurch prior to the major earthquake in 2011 and have not seen it since... in fact, the last time I was in New Zealand I was told not to go to Christchurch because it was still in ruins. You could tell by walking around the city that there was still work to be done, but the people have also done very well rebuilding and making the city look great.

Speaking of Christchurch... we literally left Christchurch (to go home) the day before the shooting took place. A week prior to that we had been walking through the park very near to the mosque where it happened. New Zealand is such a calm and peaceful place. Don't get me wrong, I don't want there to be killings anywhere, but the fact that it took place in New Zealand made me tremendously sad. My love for New Zealand and the people of New Zealand is forever. <3 Kia Kaha!

First real stop on our road trip around the south island... LAKE TEKAPO!


Church of the Good Shepherd 







Everything in New Zealand is so picturesque... you can't help but fall in love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment