Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Kayak and nature walk

We arrived in Puerto Limón, Costa Rica.

Every port we’ve been to has been a “fake” up until now. By “fake” I mean the city did the area up all nice with shops and maybe a few restaurants… but that’s not the REAL city.  They put up a nice front for cruise ships. I like the shops right off the ship so I can get my magnets, but other than that it’s a lot of pushy people trying to sell you stuff. 

Our port in Costa Rica had no facade which was kind of nice. 

As we drove along the roads I couldn’t help but notice how green and how beautiful everything was around me. On our drive we pulled over multiple times to get a better look at monkeys and sloths in the trees. 

We saw more in Costa Rica than we did in the Amazon a few years back. (Granted we were only in a small section of the Amazon, but it did not meet expectations) 

Everything was green and colorful and it just looked like a nice place to explore and spend more time in. 
 

We did a river kayak tour which was probably less than an hour long. I thought it was super beautiful, but there were so many people in our group and the river was kind of narrow. Too many people and too much crowding. I would enjoy it so much more if it were just Mike and I (and a guide). We also did a nature walk which was pretty short and just okay.

Between the kayaking and the walk we saw monkeys, sloths, crabs, turtles, lizards, ants, spiders…  I was very happy to see a sloth in the wild and was even happier when it turned its head to face the camera. :)

Here are a few snaps from the excursion:
 







I don’t know how the rest of Costa Rica is, but if it’s anything like the little bit we saw I would love to come back and spend more time. I would do some water activities - maybe snorkel or scuba, do another (longer) kayak tour of the river and maybe go deeper in to find more animals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment