Saturday, February 23, 2013

last few days in Raglan

I haven't met any Americans this entire time until today! I actually met two sets of people from the USA!  :)

I forgot to mention on my previous post that I went boogie (body) boarding for the first time the other day. It was sweet.


In other news, Carla and I rented a car and we'll have it until Tuesday... it has been nice! And I've been driving on the wrong side of the road for a couple days now.  (another first for me!)



 Yesterday was pretty chill... Carla had a surf lesson and I walked around Raglan. We had pizza for dinner which was super yummy! And the surf instructor joined us-- we had a good night hanging out. Definitely enjoyed the company. 


Today we went went cave tubing at Waitomo Caves. I had been to the caves before on my previous visit, but didn't get to cave tube... it was interesting and VERY COLD. But good, I guess. GLOW WORMS! 



After the caves we went to a Kiwi house and saw the cute little kiwi birds.  


Tomorrow we are heading off to Rotorua....and I'm super tired so that's all I'm going to say for now. 


Sorry this post was all "we did this and this and this and this"... I'll try to change it up next time. But like I said, I'm tired... these past few days have been a little stressful and exhausting, but we're making it!  

And thanks for your interest in my journey! Can't wait to see you all when I get back. :)

UPDATE: And yes, for those of you asking.... I HAVE been working! The first host we did a little bit of cleaning around the house and then we also worked on sanding a boat.  The current host we've been doing a lot more cleaning, gardening, hanging with the kids, etc. 

2 comments: