Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Countdown to departure!

Less than 3 weeks away for my AFRICA trip! Not going to lie… I was in a tiny state of panic the other week when I realized I had 10 different things still needing to be booked, but I’m back on track now! J

I’m starting out in Cape Town and hitting up Plettenberg Bay along the way... then ending my time at a private game reserve. Activities will include animal sanctuaries, safaris, shark cage diving, city tours, bungy jumping, Hillsong, and more! :)

I will include references once I get  home of where I stayed, which companies I used, things I did, etc. but because I'm already a paranoid person those are staying on the DL for now.  :)


A lot of people have expressed concern for me going to Africa by myself...and I do have some worries, but the worries aren't any different than when I traveled to Europe or Australia by myself.  I've read plenty of articles,  blogs, safety concerns, etc. and I'd like to think of myself as a pretty travel savvy person.  Anything can happen anywhere at any time.  Sometimes you just have to let go of that fear (ha! easier said than done) and enjoy what's happening in the present.

I will say this though... I will never be traveling alone. I have transportation pre-arranged in all the different cities that are through RELIABLE companies, all tours are through RELIABLE companies, and I've even heard first hand reviews stating that these are all legit.

I think the best thing someone can do to ease a persons mind about solo travel is provide them with as much information as possible. Show them that you did your research. In my case I have a detailed itinerary of what I'm doing every day, where I'm staying, the address and phone number of each place.... as much detail as I can possibly put down on paper.

I'm the type of person who thinks about everything. Every little detail. Every little thing that could possibly go wrong. And I have a plan. I plan, plan, plan and I will probably still be planning things out in my head as I'm waiting in the airport! :)


Next post will be my typical "night before" post, but in the meantime please keep me in your prayers! Prayers for safety first and foremost and prayers for a good time in which I can learn and grow and have those once in a lifetime experiences !!

No comments:

Post a Comment