Wednesday, October 25, 2023

NYC day 3&4

SATURDAY:


It was a rainy day, but thankfully we had tickets to the Museum of Ice Cream at 10 am. The MOIC is essentially an art installation and experiential museum with loads of free ice cream/snacks! (well, included in the price of admission!) I'm glad we got there early because it got crowded really fast! 


Art installation

Sprinkle pool


After the museum we ate at Grey Dog for lunch and checked out Washington square. It was a cloudy day and raining on and off so we didn't stay out too long. We stopped at Levain bakery and then hung out at the hotel until dinner. 

As we were hanging out in the room, we found two amazing finds! By chance, we found this really good ramen restaurant called Momosan, which is where we ate dinner. AND we found this thing called The Summit which was right by our hotel! We raced to get tickets and managed to get a booking for later that night. 

The Summit is THE BEST way to view the NYC skyline!! 

 





We had a really great time and there were lots of fantastic photo opportunities! 

SUNDAY:

We started the day off by visiting
 the Vessel. It's a structure and visitor attraction built as part of the Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project in Manhattan. It has 154 interconnecting flights of stairs and looks super cool! Unfortunately you can't go in it anymore because of the number of suicides. 

The Vessel is right by an entrance to the HighLine. The Highline was not around last time I was in New York.  It's a park, greenway, and rail trail created on a former NY Central Railroad spur on the west side of Manhattan.  It's absolutely beautiful and it's a nice walk with plenty of beautiful lookouts!






We had reservations for Top of the rock at
1pm. It was a nice view of the city, but I think I prefer the Summit ! I had never been here before so this was something new for me!




Our final adventure was the Friends experience. I've always liked the show, but not a super fan.  This place had a whole bunch of set recreations for photo ops and they also had original props, clothing, etc. from the show and it was fun to explore. 








I loved being in New York with my FRIENDS! I honestly wasn't sure what to expect since I haven't been to NY in 10 +years. I had heard from a number of people about how dirty New York has become and how there are needles and trash in the streets. I didn't see any needles and I didn't think it was too dirty. (At least where we were) 

Before our trip I was a little worried about crazy people. I've seen news stories about people getting pushed on subway tracks, random acts of violence, etc. but we didn't have any problems. I was always alert and watching my surroundings, but I never felt unsafe. I'm grateful for such a fun trip and, yes, I still love New York.  We had a great itinerary and 10/10 would do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment