Friday, October 20, 2017

Is that Patagonia? No, it’s Lands’ End


Good news!! We traveled via plane and 3.5 hour car ride to get to Patagonia and I didn’t get sick or nauseous this time!!

Even better news... it’s beautiful here at Patagonia Camp! This is the same high quality stay as Sabi Sabi in South Africa with the absolute best service! I highly recommend this place!! Upon arrival, we got settled into our lovely yurt and heard about excursions for the following days.



Today we hiked a lovely fauna trail and saw the Torres in Torres Del Paine!! Absolutely stunning! The weather was perfect and we got some great shots!







We saw a lot of animals as well and got a private tour that was just us and a sweet British lady! We had some great laughs and good conversations. We quickly became obsessed with Guanaco! (Looks similar to alpacas!) We kept asking to stop the car to take pictures, but they couldn’t stop because of the twists and turns in the road (which were dangerous)... so when they finally stopped the car, we looked out the window and sure enough there was a guanaco... dead on the side of the road. It became the running joke that we wouldn’t stop for the live ones, but we’ll stop for pictures of the dead ones. (The one below is very much alive!)

You may also be wondering about the title of this post... it goes back to a lovely (HA!) conversation I had with a woman back in the U.S. She had the iconic Patagonia/Torres Del Paine picture on her T-shirt. It looked almost like it was purchased in Chile as a souvenir so I asked if the shirt was from Patagonia. She replied, “no. It’s from Lands’ End.” I then explained, “no, the picture itself... it’s patagonia,” but she continued to argue it was Lands’ End so I gave up on trying to convince her otherwise.

P.S. I HAVE OFFICIALLY CONVERTED MY HUSBAND TO THE WAYS OF TRAVELING!! HE LIKES TRAVEL NOW!!! We've come a long way!! :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad I found your blog! I’m happy to hear about Mikey’s transformation. It doesn’t surprise me a bit though since he has you for inspiration. You both are fun loving and have a genuine heart for people. Who knows you guys might be called as missionaries! I love you guys ���� for Gods protection, favor and joy fill your honeymoon❤️

    ReplyDelete