Wednesday, June 5, 2024

GEJ: Egypt (pt2)



 Day 8: This was probably my favorite day from the whole trip!! I LOVE iconic sites and the pyramids are definitely iconic!!! 









We got to see the pyramids, the sphinx, ride camels, and took so many awesome photos!! On this day we also had a security guard with us the entire time which was cool! I felt even safer knowing that he was looking out for us. 

Did you know there are actually more than 100 pyramids in Egypt ?? It was so cool being able to touch (and stand on) part of history!! 

Afterwards, the boys ate at an Egyptian restaurant while the girls went to the iconic Pizza Hut overlooking the pyramids !! 


I am so thankful to be able to travel with someone who is just as picky as I am when it comes to food. LOL 

I follow many travel influencers and that’s where I first learned of Pizza Hut. It was definitely a bucket list for me to have Pizza Hut at the pyramids! (Dumb, I know, but it was so good!) 

After lunch we went to the Egyptian museum. This museum has over 150,000 items in its collection!! There are statues, jewelry, masks, etc. It is the largest museum in Africa and they even had a whole room/section for King Tutankhamun and the mask/treasures found in his tomb. 





While in Cairo we stayed at the Sheraton Cairo hotel. Overall, we had a really wonderful time in Egypt and I felt very safe. Egypt takes extra good care of their tourists  and I would definitely recommend using Emeco travel. Not only did it help with the language barrier, but it was nice having a private guide. Thanks, Carter! (pictured below) 


I also want to leave you with this video... In it, I asked Carter what he would say to people in the U.S. who are afraid to travel to Egypt. This was his response: 

I was definitely one of those people who was very anxious/nervous about traveling to Egypt, but it far exceeded my expectations!! 

1 comment: