Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Girls Trip part 1: Baltimore, MD

As most of you know, I am trying to visit all 50 states by age 40! As of last week, I was sitting at 33 states, but thanks to a few friends I am now sitting at 35! M&M&M&M (Michelle, Melissa, Meghan, and Michelle) journeyed to Maryland and Delaware for a long weekend away!

THURSDAY: We drove about 8 hours to Baltimore. My one friend is trying to hit all the ballparks so of course we had to catch a game at Camden Yards. (Baltimore Orioles vs the Chicago Cubs) If you know me, you know I don't care about baseball (or sports in general), but when you travel with friends you have to do stuff they like sometimes. :)  And honestly, with these girls, I could go anywhere with them and have fun so I wasn't going to complain about a game! I'm just thankful to have friends to travel with! 

Before the game!

During the game!


We stayed at SpringHill Suites by Marriott which was about a 10 minute walk to the ballpark.  We didn't have any issues with the hotel, but people in Baltimore do drive a little crazy. Baltimore itself is not on my list of places to go back to, but we never felt unsafe during our time there. 

FRIDAY: We got to sleep in a little bit since our next item on the itinerary didn't open until 10am: the Historic Ships in Baltimore!

USS Constellation the only civil-war-era ship still afloat! This ship was heavily involved in finding and capturing slave trade ships.


USS TORSKThis submarine sank the last two enemy ships of WWII and held a record (at the time) of over 10,000 dives!

Lightship ChesapeakeThis ship functioned as a lighthouse



U.S. Coast Guard Cutter 37: This was the last remaining warship that saw action at the Battle of Pearl Harbor. 


I LOVE HISTORY -especially U.S. History! Touring old ships aren't really my thing, but this was definitely still cool... LIVING HISTORY! 

After touring the ships we stopped at Papermoon Diner for lunch. It's described as eclectic and funky, a "knickknack-laden diner." I think I first stumbled upon this diner when I was researching things to do in Baltimore. It's one of a kind for sure! 

Inside the diner!


Outside of the Papermoon Diner
The bathroom in Papermoon Diner-PEZ dispensers all over the walls and hotwheels covering the ceiling!



....TO BE CONTINUED....


No comments:

Post a Comment