Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Unwanted Souvenir and Final Thoughts

UNWANTED SOUVENIR: 

AND NOW... the continuation from my last post.... those itchy bug bites weren't bug bites at all! Mike and I both got SCABIES. (!!!) We are guessing it was from either an airplane seat, bedding, or towels. I had over 200 EXTREMELY ITCHY bumps. 14 just on my left hand alone... PHEW. 

We are grateful that we didn't break out until we got home and grateful that the other couple didn't get them, but MAN!! IT SUCKS!! (Present tense because I am still dealing with itchiness!)  We did 3 scabies treatments,  super cleaned our house, and did over 30 loads of laundry. It overshadowed the trip...by A LOT, which is unfortunate. We (errr I) had such an amazing time-especially in Egypt and Jordan! In a few days it will be almost a month since we've been home and I've spent more time thinking about these darn scabies than the coolness of our trip. 


My right leg got the worst of it! 


FINAL THOUGHTS....



THANKFULNESS:

I am so unbelievably thankful for the opportunity to have traveled to so many amazing places. This trip was no exception! We saw the PARTHENON,  the PYRAMIDS, and PETRA!!! 3 ICONIC P'S!!  

I actually STOOD ON THE PYRAMIDS - if that's not bragging rights for the rest of my life I don't know what is!! 

Many people were nervous about us going to Egypt and Jordan. (Myself included.) Let me just say I never once felt unsafe in either of the countries. We had a private guide with us the entirety of each visit (minus being at the hotel) and we felt very well taken care of.  I would HIGHLY recommend visiting Egypt and Jordan. We booked our trip through GoWay Travel and I have used them for 4 other trips. I was very happy with how our itinerary turned out -which was entirely custom made and tailored to what we wanted to do.  

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

 I'm glad we went to Greece, BUT I think it's slightly overrated. It's very crowded and, honestly, I didn't think Santorini was as pretty as the pictures often portray it. 

I always thought of Santorini as the iconic blue domes, but they are scattered and not as prevalent as one would think. I did, thankfully, already know this going in. I think if I hadn't had that heads up I would have been even more sorely disappointed. Again, unpopular opinion here, but I DON'T think Santorini is worth the hype. I'm glad we went, but I don't need to go back. Yes, I liked the white wash buildings and the occasional blue domes and even the maze of stairs was unique and fun... but most of the island is volcanic rock and not that pretty to look at.  




SHOUT OUT: 


ALSO a HUGE shoutout to my AMAZING husband who dislikes travel, but has now been to all 7 continents!  (6 new continents in almost 7 years of marriage!) Before we met, his online dating profile said he didn't want to date a traveler... now look at him go! LOL (okay, more like being dragged) I'm so thankful he comes along for the ride and that we have made some memorable, hilarious, and crazy memories! I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL DAVID!





1 comment:

  1. Hope you are almost or recovering from those awful bumps! It is amazing what we do when we live our spouse. You got a winner!
    Me too. But glad you are home safe.l and on your way to some rest

    ReplyDelete