Monday, July 22, 2024

Girls Trip pt 3: Ocean City & Boonsboro

....continuation...


On Saturday, after we left Delaware, we headed to Ocean City and stopped at Ponzetti's restaurant. They have INSANELY good pizza and I was quite happy with this pick! 



Of course it was still raining after lunch and this was supposed to be our other beach day.  Thankfully, we were still able to do the Banana boat in the rain. It's basically water tubing, but on a banana boat! THIS WAS MY FAVORITE THING!!!

We had so much fun on the banana boat! Lots of laughs!!

Since it was raining we mostly had our eyes closed which made it even more challenging to stay on the banana. I fell off once, but got back on and continued for the full 20 minutes. I LOVE water tubing so I was very happy that this had similar vibes!  Definitely recommend!

In the evening we walked around Ocean City boardwalk which I think was a lot bigger and better than Rehoboth. They also had a lot of kiddie/carnival type rides so of course we had to do something!
The Tilt-A-Whirl!

 
This brought back memories from my childhood! 



















We were spinning so fast- this was my first time doing one since I was a child and I didn't know if my motion sickness would have an impact... I DID feel a little sick afterwards, but it was still SO FUN! We ended up doing it twice. LOL 

Overall, I think Ocean City would be better in good weather, but we made the best of it and this became my favorite day of the trip (Yummy pizza + banana boat + tilt-a-whirl!)

Ocean City


SUNDAY: 
We left Ocean City and made our way to Boonsboro, MD. Of course the non-beach day (the day we decided to go to the caverns) turned out to be a beautiful day weather wise. GO FIGURE!
Crystal Grottoes Caverns is a natural phenomenon that has more formations per square foot than any cave known to man. Our guide, Dakota, was wonderful! We had a great tour which was around 45 min in length.

Inside the caverns



Inside the caverns








And that's a wrap on our Maryland/Delaware trip! Overall, the drives to and from weren't terrible. (around 8 hours one way.)  The weather could have been better, but we still had fun and I definitely enjoyed their company!






No comments:

Post a Comment