Thursday, April 23, 2015

Let the countdown to Asia begin!!

I am so unbelievably stoked for ASIA! That, and I'm also getting crazy-antsy-restless without travel in my life!

The plan is to arrive in Japan and stay there for a few days. We'll check out Tokyo and Kyoto before making our way to China... Once in China, we'll visit Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Yangtze, and Shanghai.

I currently have 45 messages in my inbox that are pertaining specifically to this trip... I will be so happy once I'm home and can delete all of them... (Need to make room for my next adventure!)

This trip is going to be unlike any other trip that I've taken and it's going to be more challenging than all of my other trips combined, but that's what makes it so EXCITING!! The adventure of it all! All the countries that I've visited prior to this, the people have either spoken English OR the language was easy enough to recognize and remember key words such as "bathroom" or "lost." I can't read one character of Japanese or Chinese much less an entire word comprised of characters.

Not only that, but China is going to be tricky seeing that EVERYTHING I USED IS BLOCKED OVER THERE! Google (Gmail), Facebook, Instagram, etc.

I think I'm also not fully prepared for just how crowded it is over there and just how culturally different it's going to be. It'll be interesting to compare notes with myself once I return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment