Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Hola from Santiago!

Hello from continent #6!! This post might be a little bit of a downer because, well, this past day was kind of a downer...

We flew from D.C., had a quick layover in Panama and then flew to Santiago. As many of you know, I’ve had air sicknesses problems develop within the past few years so flying is not fun for me. I got very sick on the flight over to Santiago, but my wonderful husband handled it like a pro. He stayed up with me the whole flight and let me lay down in his lap which helped ease some of the nausea. I might have gotten sick in the plane bathroom again and I also might have spent an hour in said bathroom with my head down between my legs. (Falling asleep in that position, I might add)

Anyway, the flight was pretty miserable so I did not enjoy this day as much as I could have. Not to mention we arrived at 5am (3am Ohio time) and couldn’t check into our room until 1pm.

We had a tour of the city prior to check in so that helped some of the time pass quickly... although, both of us were pretty sleepy and sickly (on my part) so it wasn’t too exciting for us.

This a picture of the presidential palace:

Here we are at Santa Lucia lookout:


And.....

There are a lot of stray dogs around the city... I want to adopt them all!!



We took a siesta in the afternoon (much needed!) and then went back out to see the city from the tallest skyscraper in South America! We went at sunset so we got some pretty great pics ! :)






P.S. if you think about it, please pray for my health! I’ve still been feeling nauseous and we have a lot more flying (and car rides) to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment