Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Praying for #7

First, I'd like to say THANK YOU!! I'm glad that so many people are excited to hear about this trip! Your support means the WORLD to me!  :)

We're getting close to "go time" and I thought I would share a few things that have been on my mind recently. As many of you know, I'm a worrier...so if people feel inclined to pray, prayers would be much appreciated! 

1. There's always a slight, slight, slight chance we may not be able to go to Antarctica if the weather is bad. It sounds like this has only happened once in the (insert however many years they've been doing this) but that would be extremely, extremely unfortunate and I would be terribly upset if that were the case. 

2. I've been known to get airsick (and nauseous) at times so I'm hoping the flights and the ship are kind to me! There are rough waters and people often get seasick... I'm hoping I can avoid that!

3. About a month ago a plane presumably crashed on its way from Chile to Antarctica. I know this has nothing to do with us, but it's another thing to add to my list of things-I-don't-need-to-worry-about-but-do-anyway. 


We have been prepping for this trip for a while now and we are excited to finally see this beauty for ourselves! We have talked to a few people who have been to Antarctica and they have all said that it has been one of their favorite (if not their favorite) trips!

If anyone wants to follow along... we will be spending a day touring Buenos Aires, spending a few days on a ship exploring Antarctica, and then have a couple of days in Santiago. It's actually a pretty quick trip, but we look forward to sharing our photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment