Sunday, August 24, 2014

Last day in Espana!


I can't even begin to describe everything that I'm feeling right now. 

Physically, I'm pretty tired. For someone who is normally pretty reserved, quiet, sticks to the same routine, etc... this trip has taken a lot out of me. Leading up to the trip I was pretty anxious and there were a couple days in between that were high anxiety. Usually, it's just me being my normal self... making mountains out of molehills, but nonetheless I can't control how my body reacts. 

While that part is never fun for me, I enjoy all the VICTORIES along the way.  How many times did I jump on a bus or a train and figure out the metro system? How many times did I find my way around a city completely alone? 

At the same time, as stated before, I'm dreading coming back home. Traveling is a sort of addiction for me and I can't stop. I'm always thinking about where I want to go and what I want to see. Not only that, but the people! I LOVE talking to them and swapping travel stories. :D   
(which only further lengthens my list of places to see!)

Highlights from my trip:

It was so AMAZING to me to see the BIG landmarks. As cheesy and as tourist-y as that is... I couldn't help but just stand and stare. (Big Ben, Eiffel Tower, Sagrada Familia)  I also really enjoyed the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. :)

I talked to quite a few Aussies, a couple Americans, a couple New Zealanders, a couple Irish folk.... THEY MAKE TRAVELING WORTH IT. I love walking around the streets and being on tours with people from ALL OVER THE WORLD. That is such an amazing thing. 


Today was spent in Barcelona. As stated earlier, Sagrada Familia = AMAZING to see in person. We did 2 free walking tours. One was of the old city and one was a Goudi tour which was actually my favorite :)

Have a 9 hour flight to New York tomorrow and then gotta catch another flight to Cincinnati.  

                                    Hasta mañana. 

1 comment: