Sunday, August 17, 2014

FAQ about solo travel

People have been asking me how I'm getting around by myself so I'll do my best to answer... I'll give you a heads up right now and let you know I haven't been the most budget conscious on this trip just because I HAVE been alone...I would rather pay a little more for added security (even if it's just in my head!)

IRELAND:

Obviously, I flew into in Dublin. After having been up for 30 some hours and not wanting to mess with the system, I grabbed a taxi to the place I was staying. I was in the city centre so I could just walk around the city.... I signed up for 3 different day tours through Irish Day Tours and would highly recommend them!  As I left the city, I was bit more conscious and I took a bus back to the airport.

I did also jump on a Hop on Hop off tour on my first day... (again, not really awake) This was beneficial because I got more history and information than if I were to just be walking around by myself. I also had a few hours to kill before I checked in so I just rode it around a couple times. :)

LONDON:

Flew into London from Dublin....  I took Heathrow Express which is an airport rail link that dropped me off at a station close to the place where I was staying and then walked from there.  I ended up getting The London Pass which enabled me to get into some attractions for free (and have fast pass!) as well as have use of the tube, busses, etc.

I have become quite the pro at the tube! :)


So that's all I have so far....

Tomorrow I'm off for a day trip to Paris! Have to wake up at 5 am so I'm not thrilled about that part of it.... and the following day I'll be waking up at 3 am to fly to Spain.  (YIKES!)

Also of note: I WENT TO HILLSONG LONDON TODAY!! :) :) :)

Here are some more pics of London:




1 comment:

  1. ! If planning of traveling anytime soon do visit http://freetripdeals.com/ for some great deals on Hotels, flights and Cruises.

    ReplyDelete