Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thankful (Beyond Words)

I wrote this the day after I got home, but unfortuntely I just now got around to posting it. 

I am beyond thankful.

I had a lot of time on the plane yesterday to think about things... and one reoccuring thought was about the miracle that was (and is) each and every day.

I know quite a few people have said, "I don't know if I could do that!" (Travel solo) .... But that's what's so amazing! I couldn't do it either! That is not me at all, but guess what?! I did it! It happened!

The trip went smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a greater miracle than to come back in one piece safe and sound.  :)

Traveling solo makes you realize you're never actually alone. I was surrounded by amazing people throughout my journey and it fills me with such hope.

A few examples.... There was a man looking through garbage cans trying to find some food, and my sweet friend Carla pulled some bread out of her bag and gave it to him.

Also witnessed someone sharing a meal with a homeless man on the street in Barcelona. 

There were so many wonderful people that were looking out for me along the way. (My sweet American moms and my new Aussie friend!)

The world is such a beautiful place. And I am thankful enough to get to see and experience so many new things! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment