Thursday, April 4, 2013

Getting lost... every day.

This is going to be a long entry... sorry.  Maybe just look at the pictures and read "the last bit." That's the most interesting, probably. :)

Tuesday:

Woke up and walked to Sydney Tower... got to see the view of everything from up there. I don't think it was worth the $$, but what can you do? Pretty sure I did it last time I was here too...

After that I went for a supposed "harbour bridge walk" ... with free lunch. HA!  Okay, so first of all WE NEVER EVEN WALKED OVER THE BRIDGE. We walked to it, we walked to the opera house, and walked through a park. NOT ACROSS THE BRIDGE. ALSO... in regards to the free picnic lunch, you'd think there would be beverages. NO. THE GUY STINKIN' FORGOT THE WATER AND ONLY HAD SOME ALCOHOLIC DRINK. (Which I didn't realize was alcohol until I poured it)  The guy leading it was full of himself...I didn't care for him at all.  hmph.

But... enough venting. I met a couple nice guys from Canada/U.S.!  YAY!  :)  That made the trip worth it, I guess. And it was free.


Wednesday:

RAINY AND YUCKY.  Wednesday was kind of cool in that I got to hang out with both of the girls I'm traveling with. The picture below is of me and my German sister, Carla! It was her last day so we hung out and walked a little bit of Harbour Bridge. Had some good laughs along the way too. :)


After Carla left I met up with Anna... who just got here. She's from Cincinnati as well and we've been friends since 1st grade.


In regards to the title... Darling Harbour (which is pictured above)  is literally a 5 minute walk from where I'm staying. It took me around 20-30 minutes  to find it. Granted, if I actually used a map and TRIED, I could probably find it a lot faster.  I hate using maps because I don't want to look like a tourist... and I always seem to think I know where I'm going ... so I just walk. And then ask someone where to go... and they tell me... and then I ask the next person... and they tell me something else... and I literally ask at least 10 people per trip.  When Carla and I were walking around she stopped and asked some guy where to go. She was pointing one way and he was pointing the other way. I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. CLASSIC. 

This is why I don't travel alone.  :)  On the other hand, since I have SO MUCH TIME in Sydney, I'm in no rush so I don't mind walking.  

Thursday:

Did a walking tour of Sydney... it was okay. And it was free! 3 hour FREE walking tour! That's pretty good... problem was that it was another rainy day. (2 days in a row... what gives!?)

The last bit:  

2 things... 

1. I don't like hostels, but I've met/talked to some really cool people. I'm staying in an all girls room and one night I met some nice Norwegians and yesterday I met a girl from London... who hung out with us today. (pictured above) Tonight... it's so cool because there's me (U.S.), a Korean, a Columbian, a German, and a Finnish girl. The dynamic is so fun. We've been talking and laughing and having a good ol' time. Really nice girls.  

2.  I think I caught the travel bug. It's weird because ... I want to go home, but at the same time... I want to come back out again. I keep hearing people talk of traveling the world and backpacking and .... I want to see more. NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT. I WANT TO DO MORE.   ....sigh.   I don't know what's going to happen in the coming years, but I'd like to go back out again and spend a month or so in Europe. I have someone to stay with in Germany and in London now... 
I think everyone knows how incredibly homesick I am and how much I want to go back to work, but if for some reason things didn't work out in Cincinnati, I'd either move to A. Nashville B. New Zealand C. Sydney.  (maybe not even in that order?) And definitely no more than a year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment