Monday, April 1, 2013

the better days...

Went to Featherdale Wildlife Park on Saturday. REALLY enjoyed it. It was a lot better than the other zoo we went to last time. Was kind of nervous at first because I had to take a bus and a train to get there... as you might remember from my previous post, THAT IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY NERVE WRACKING FOR ME. But I did it! I navigated the big city on my own. (with the help of about 20 other people)  BUT I DID IT.  Here are some of my favorite photos from the park:
(and they didn't charge you for taking pictures with the koalas!!)

 wallaby
 koala
kangaroo


Easter Sunday was AWESOME.  Went to 2 services through Hillsong (CLASSIC!) and it was SO very needed! The morning service was good, but the evening was phenomenal. The nice thing about the morning service was that quite a few people started talking to me because they knew I wasn't a regular.  We all even went out for coffee afterwards. :)  The evening was amazing... evangelist Reinhard Bonnke spoke.

He hit on so many cool concepts/ideas.... here are just a few:
(feel free to skip over... I mainly wrote them down for me so I wouldn't forget!)

1. The symbol of the cross... the horizontal line is us. It's negative. It's sin. Jesus is the vertical line (Heaven down to earth) ... If you put them together (forming of the cross) you'll see that He turns the negative into a positive. He brings LIFE to DEATH.

2. A lady didn't understand how one mans blood could take away the sins of EVERYBODY... He went on to explain how kids have their fathers blood... that's why they have fathers do blood testing when they're not sure who the father is. If Jesus would have been conceived by an earthly father,  it would have been unclean (still full of sin).... but because He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, He is PURE and His blood cleanses all of our sin. TAKES AWAY. GONE. NO MORE!

3.  Some people ask, if Jesus is the answer why are there so many problems in the world? If soap is the answer why are there still dirty people? You need to use it; apply it.


Today I did a tour to the Blue Mountains. It's about 2 hours away from Sydney, but it was nice because transportation, lunch, 2 walks, and the steepest train ride in the world were all included. :)  It was so pretty! Was told to go to Blue Mountains last time I was in OZ, but didn't have time for it. I was kind of worried yesterday because when I looked at the weather forecast it said it was supposed to be rainy and cloudy today, but as you can see from the pictures....




IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Perfect day! Also met some really nice people on the tour. A guy from England, a girl from Japan, and our Aussie tour guide was.... typcial tour guide.  I think I'm noticing a trend here.  Older single guy (who acts younger) desperate for companionship.... (I'm calling it the "tourist trap")

He was great though... all the guides have been great... just have to watch them.  

12daysleft.

6 more until I head to Alice Springs/Outback. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment