Friday, March 29, 2013

Arrival in Oz

... well, I'm ready to go home yet again.

Travel day yesterday was not so nice... We arrived in Sydney around 8pm and I didn't get to my hostel until 11pm or later. (which was really 1am or later NZ time) Customs took FOREVER. Literally stood in line for 2 hours or so and there was only one person checking in all the international passports. REALLY?!?

Travel in Sydney is SO complicated. It probably isn't really that bad if you know what you're doing, but I HAVE NO CLUE. I'm not used to bus/train/taxi travel. (Yes, I made the mistake of taking a taxi to the hostel)

It's all the little things that keep adding up that make my time here more stressful and less enjoyable. I've been asking questions from the very beginning...(i.e. how do you from point A to point B, what do you recommend, etc.)  People have been very nice and are always trying to help, but they're help hasn't been very helpful. ESPECIALLY when it comes to directions/transportation.

And some things that were supposed to be a "safety net" for me have failed/haven't worked out... which hasn't been a HUGE deal, but its caused enough damage...

This trip has been such a roller coaster.

Day 1: HORRIBLE. Emotional wreck and wanted to go home. (thankfully this only lasted a day)
Day 2-22: GREAT, LOVELY... time was flying
Day 23-25: PROBLEMS
Day 26-34: GREAT, LOVELY
Day 34-36: VERY HOME SICK
Day 36-43: GOOD, BUT EXHAUSTED
Day 44-45: MORE PROBLEMS

And there are 15 days left. I'm sure there will be some good days in there. I'm confident in that. The nice thing about this experience is that once I'm home, I'll forget about the not-so-fun things. Memories are convenient that way... you can filter out the bad parts. :)

Sorry for such a depressing post, but I think there will be a really good (post) coming in the near future. Very near future!



No comments:

Post a Comment