Sunday, February 26, 2023

Cozumel

We arrived in port a day early due to someone on our ship having a medical emergency.  We had an unplanned extra half day in Cozumel. 

We basically just walked around a bit and it was a typical cruise port with shops and pushy vendors. 

The following day though was our planned excursion day. 

Background: 
Mike has been scuba diving before and has loved it… I, on the other hand, swore I would never scuba because it scared the crap out of me.  There are so many things you have to learn and remember -it was very intimidating, but I decided to try it anyway. 

We went scuba diving with Sand Dollar Sports. Our instructor was a man named Sergio and he spent 30-45 minutes going over scuba basics. 

We then geared up and started practicing in the shallow waters. Once we were “tested” on different techniques we learned we went further out.

The max we were about to go was 25 feet and I loved (almost) every minute of it.  I’ve never done anything like it before so it was (quite literally) a whole new world for me.

I really liked this company and our instructor/guide. I felt safe and at ease the entire time. 

Mike attatched our GoPro to his vest so he got some video of our dive. Here are a couple of stills from our time in the water:





After we went scuba diving we toured the ruins of San Gervasio. It has been considered the center of pilgrimages where Mayans worshipped the goddess, Ixchel. Not only was it a sacred center it was also a site for commerce of the area. Here are some photos from the site:





No comments:

Post a Comment