Friday, February 24, 2023

Cruise time

As most of you know, Mike and I didn’t have a BIG trip last year… we had lots of small(er) ones. I’ve been itching to do a BIG trip again so sometime in the middle of last year I started looking up cruise options. I just so happened to stumble upon an itinerary I really liked: Central America. 

Central America was never high on my bucket list (if even on there at all) , but I had never been to Central America (or Caribbean until last year)… I loved the idea of a cruise for a couple reasons:
1. I love that your hotel comes with you wherever you go. You don’t have to worry about transportation from place to place or figuring out where you’re going to stay.
2. A cruise allows you to hit multiple countries easily.
3. It’s more relaxing. I would say most of my travels are never really “vacations” in the fact that there is no relaxing involved… it’s usually always go, go, go. 

The particular itinerary I saw was from Viking. I had always heard amazing things about Viking, going back to when I interned at a travel agency.  I loved that it was a smaller ship (around 900 people) and I loved that there were no kids on board. They seemed honest in their sales pitch and although it was more pricey than some of the other cruise lines, I felt it would be worth the money. 

I will wait to do my final review of Viking towards the end of our trip, but here are some photos of our ship, the Viking Star:
 
The Viking Star
The pool

The infinity pool
place to eat

Our bedroom
The atrium



Our bathroom


No comments:

Post a Comment