Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Iguanas, Macaws, and Capuchins oh my!

We arrived in Roatan, Honduras and took a trip to Gumbalimba Park. The big selling point for me was the description that indicated there were monkeys eager to be cuddled and held.

It was a nice tour through the park. They had an insectarium, a cave/museum with a brief history of the island, a swinging bridge, and animals!
 




 

This park provides a program that rescues and rehabilitates animals which is a big win in my book. 

They had animal trainers which helped us pose with the macaws for pictures. 


 

My favorite was definitely the sweet little Capuchin monkeys. They would just climb/jump up on you and jump from person to person. The trainer would give them sunflower seeds as treats so sometimes I would hear crunching in my ear and see shells falling around me. 
 



 

So stinkin’ cute though!! Definitely recommend!

1 comment:

  1. Love following your blogs. Hoping to go to Costa Rica sometime.

    ReplyDelete