Monday, February 27, 2023

Unbelizeable

We stopped in Belize and had two excursions planned. The first was snorkeling and the second was Altun Ha. 

When we first planned the trip I had been looking forward to snorkeling, but since my great experience with scuba I felt like snorkeling wouldn’t compare. I’m happy to say I was wrong. :)

The barrier reef was absolutely stunning and it’s the second largest in the world. I absolutely loved seeing the beautiful life underwater. There was a lot more to look at in Belize than in Cozumel, but both were super cool. 

We went with a company called Chukka. I really loved my time in the water and the guides. The only thing that was confusing was that when there’s a big group of people the guides were always yelling (speaking loud)… I never knew if they were yelling to me or someone else which was kind of annoying. I would pop my head out occasionally just to see who they were talking to.
 



 

After snorkeling we went with Chukka tours again to see Altun Ha. 

The Altun Ha Mayan Ruins are a beautiful example of the Mayan architectural accomplishments. It’s one of the most famous Mayan Centers founded around 900 bc. It was a critical trading post for the Mayan Civilization at the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment