Tuesday, August 12, 2014

20 cents #lovetheworld

Originally my post title for today was going to be, "I kissed a stone and I liked it." (Lame right?)

But something happened in between kissing the Blarney stone and the end of the tour.

We were dropped off in Cork for an hour and a half of exploring. These are always my least favorite parts because I'm so bad with directions. It's more like a mean game of someone blind folding me and making me find my way back.

So the highlight of today... are you ready for it?

It wasn't the tour. It wasn't the Blarney Stone. It wasn't the obnoxious Americans sitting behind me who wouldn't shut up.

Ready... ??

I gave an older gentleman 20 cents so he could use the bathroom.

HIGHLIGHT.

Let me start out by saying that I have yet to have to pay to use the bathroom here in Ireland, but I went into a bus station and they charged 20 cents to go through the turnstile to get to the bathroom. I started digging through my bag to find 20 cents and over next to me I could see a guy doing the same thing - looking for 20 cents.

I found my 20 cents, but he was still searching for his. Thankfully, I had 2! I handed him my other 20 cent piece, but he politely declined and said, "no, that's okay. thank you."  He was kind of scraggly and for some reason I just really wanted him to have my 20 cents so, again, I handed it to him. He acted like it was a big sacrifice for me and even offered to give me the 2 cents he had in his pocket.   :(

My heart exploded when he finally took it and thanked me profusely. For 20 cents. To go to the bathroom.

The smallest, dumbest thing ever and yet it made my day.

P.S. Crazy lady at the Blarney Stone FREAKED out cause she said she kissed the wrong stone and demanded a redo.  How do you kiss the wrong thing!?

No comments:

Post a Comment