Friday, August 22, 2014

Hola from Valencia

Suprising fact: People in Spain are SUPER nice. Aside from Paris, Spain (as a whole) was what I was most worried about simply because I heard so many stories of pickpocketing. Spaniards are very nice and helpful... New Zealand/Australia still rank as THE nicest, but Spaniards are a close second! (Maybe Irish are #3?)

Anyway... This is day #2 in Valencia. We walked around on our own yesterday and saw a lot of the major sites.  Today we took another tour gratis (FREE!) and walked around the city again with some explanation this time! Valencia is a lovely city. I'm becoming obsessed with tapas !! I think I had crab the other day, which I otherwise would not have eaten in the states. I just grab whatever looks good even though I have no idea what it is. It's actually really fun. :)



So yes, Spain is going well.... I love being in a country where English isn't the first language. (As long as it's Spanish!)  Although, the other day, I honestly forgot which side of the road people drive on in the states... In Spain they drive on the right, but I'm so used to other countries being opposite us, I couldn't remember!  I'm also really, really, really dreading coming back home... 


There is something inside of me that dies a little when I return home. I love traveling, I love experiencing new things, I love being challenged, I love meeting new people from all over the world,  I love it, I love it, I love it. Ohio is just so... Ohio.  :(

Tomorrow we are off to Barcelona and I leave on Monday for home! This trip has been perfect in that it hasn't gone by too fast and it hasnt' gone by too slow.... I'm still not wanting it to end though.

Already working on two different trips for next year  !

No comments:

Post a Comment