Sunday, August 10, 2014

35 hours and counting. first stop: Ireland

I haven't slept in 35 hours. Which also means I haven't showered. Which also means I smell bad.

As I was waiting in the airport, I came across these quotes from THE CIRCLE MAKER,
"...the day we stop dreaming is the day we start dying. 

I learned that if you aren't willing to put yourself in "this is crazy" situations, you'll never experience "this is awesome" moments. If you aren't willing to run off the cliff, you'll never fly."


Love it ^^

So I arrived in Dublin at 6:50am and I was too lazy/tired to figure out what to do so I snagged a taxi. SWEETEST old Irish guy EVER!!! I hopped in the backseat and about 2 minutes into the trip he pulled over and made me sit up front with him. We had a lovely chat ANDDD!! DON/BILL, I already told someone (him!) about EnterTRAINment Junction. I should get paid to do this. Ahem.  :)

Anywho, so I got dropped off at the place I'm staying and of course the room wasn't ready... so I decided to walk around the city and try to find some of the sites. Long story short, I'm horrible with directions so that wasn't working out so well for me. Not only that, but once I saw a landmark, I had no idea about the significance so I decided to join a Hop On/Hop Off bus which had added commentary. (I was originally thinking about doing that anyway on my first day so it actually worked out well as I stumbled upon them)

 St. Patrick's Cathedral
Dublin Castle



Anyway, I'm exhausted. I haven't slept in 35 hours (did I mention that already?!) and tomorrow I have to wake up at 5:45 AM for a day tour of Ciffs of Moher!



No comments:

Post a Comment