Monday, May 9, 2016

Blessings :)

Today was 1 of 2 days in which I didn't have anything planned during my stay. My work off days are Monday and Tuesday.. Which means I could have started my trip on a Wednesday (and gotten rid of the 2 empty days in my itinerary), but I would have still been docked 2 days at work since I'm off then anyway. It was either sit at home for 2 days or have 2 days to sit in Africa. I chose to sit in Africa. :)

Today was the first day that has been cloudy and just kind of blah outside, but I walked down to the waterfront anyway and...got my fish and chips again! With a smoothie this time! It is my favorite place to eat in Cape Town and it's called Tribakery

I was hoping to catch a ride on a jet boat, but they had to have a minimum of 4 people so they sent me away. :( As I walked away from them, a semi annoying salesman came up and sold me on taking a harbor cruise with his company. (This is me rolling my eyes because the "cruise" was really dumb) I paid less than $5 U.S. Dollars for it though, so I guess I can't complain. 

We did spot a seal in a wheel though.. 
And then! Best part of the day was meeting up with my new friend, Jessie! I know her brother from back home so her and I decided to hang at the beach for a bit before grabbing a bite to eat. She is such a lovely person inside and out and I'm so glad I got to spend time with her! Great way to end my time in Cape Town!
Leaving tomorrow for.... Plettenberg Bay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment