Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Saving the best for last!

After a rough couple of days, the past day and a half have made up for it! I flew into Johannesburg and made my way to the airport hotel... Which was so welcome after the last crummy hostel I was in. Next day (Monday) I went to the airport again to fly out to Sabi Sabi game reserve. (Near Kruger national park)

It was a hassle trying to find where to check in and after asking 7 or 8 people and getting pointed in every wrong direction I finally found it. 

Flew Federal Air and let me just say... The lounge was nice!! Comfy couches and plenty of complimentary food and drink.
After an hour flight I made it to Sabi Sabi.
 
My hut:
My bed:
Bath:
Deck:
Can't see it, but I also have a jacuzzi on the deck :)

I had a couple of hours to myself and then I went for my first safari which lasted a few hours.

We were right in the middle of a herd of elephants 

Hippos in the water: 

Saw the African sunset...

Woke up at 6:00 this morning for another safari. The guy on my left, Matt, is my guide and the guy to my right, Moses, is the animal tracker! He has the cool job of sitting on the front of the car and looking for animals! :)
Today we saw 2 male lions:
Rhinos:
Female lions:
Buffalo:






No comments:

Post a Comment