Thursday, May 12, 2016

Monkeys, snakes, birds, cheetahs

I started out the day with a visit to Monkey Land...  It was cool to see about 5 or 6 different monkeys swinging from branch to branch right in front of you! I took a video trying to film a monkey and then he started peeing almost directly on me! LOL Overall though, it was nice. We had a guide take us around and told us about all of the different species.
I then went to Birds of Eden...This guy is my favorite because I love the colors!! Birds of Eden is self guided and you can buy a combo ticket with Monkey Land. 
After that I headed to Lawnwood Snake Sanctuary. I was really excited about this one because I've never dealt with snakes before. It was very informative and they had so many different kinds of snakes!

And to end the day I went to Tenikwa Cat Sanctuary where I got to walk a cheetah!! 

The cat sanctuary cares for many animals who can't be released into the wild. Some of them were bred in captivity from other places so they're not able to be out in the wild. It was an awesome experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment