Saturday, May 14, 2016

That point in every trip...

As of right now at 9:03am...I'm over it. During every major trip there always comes a time when things don't go well or go as planned... Or things are overwhelming or things just ... stink. This is one of those times for me.

I've really liked my accommodation here in Plett, but I haven't slept hardly at all. There's a film crew staying here and I seem to be woken up from my sleep every 2-3 hours. I have the biggest dark circles under my eyes right now. Then I started thinking about sleep in general and how I will not have had a REAL full nights sleep in a month... And I wanted to cry. 

My big finale, the safari/game reserve,  isn't until Monday and Tuesday... I am so thrilled for that, but I am 110% dreading being up for 40+ hours to travel home. 

Sorry about the complaining, but sometimes these trips aren't all sunshine and rainbows. The pictures and activities might portray something amazing (and they are amazing!) but I'm also at a point of exhaustion and ready for these final days here.

Today I went to Plett Puzzle Park ... For my dad. It was very similar to the one in New Zealand. The downside: It's really no fun to have to do a big maze by yourself. 
Then I went to a Garden Route Wolf sanctuary which was just okay.... They offer guided tours or you can just walk around on your own. I just walked on my own. I think it's similar to the cat sanctuary in which the wolves were previously bred in captivity which meant they couldn't be released into the wild. 
They also had farm animals which are always cute :)


I'm leaving in a bit to go to Port Elizabeth, but I have a feeling tomorrow will be pretty uneventful as well. Monday will be my first day at the game reserve though so I'll probably post again Monday night! (My nighttime) 

No comments:

Post a Comment