Sunday, May 8, 2016

Church and Prison

I started out the day by going to HILLSONG Cape Town!! I took a taxi there and it turns out that my taxi driver was also a Christian! He was very nice and we talked a lot on the drive there and also on the way back. 
I've now been to 3 different Hillsong churches on 3 different continents -Sydney, London, and Cape Town. (Need to hit NYC soon if someone wants to road trip with me!)

I was a little bummed because the service wasn't a typical service. Since its Mother's Day, they had a mother and a daughter come up and talk so I was slightly disappointed that I didn't hear the pastor preach, but what can you do... 

I grabbed something to eat at the waterfront... Fish and chips! I usually NEVER crave fish and chips, but being around it made me want it. I also got a free slice of cake for Mother's Day! 
Later I went to Robben Island...
And saw Nelson Mandela's cell along with a tour of the prison. My guide had also been a prisoner here so it was cool to hear him talk about his experience. 
And then on the way back I saw this guy lounging about ...
One more day in Cape Town and I'm off to ..... ?!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment