Saturday, May 7, 2016

Last minute planning in Cape Town

Bummer news came yesterday when there was a misunderstanding with my hostel involving my tour for today. Long story short... I had nothing planned for today since the tour I was originally going to do was no longer an option... 

I walked down the waterfront with a friend (first time to the waterfront since I've been here) and the walk was way better/easier than I thought. She left to do a tour, but thankfully I found a 3 hour bike tour that I was able to join. *I even found a new friend who has been to 80ish countries and all 7 continents!!! Needless to say we had plenty to talk about. :)




Walked around for the waterfront for a bit and to kill some time I took a ride on the Ferris wheel. :)

Today stressed me out because I didn't have a plan... I didn't know where I was going... I didn't know what I was going to do... I didn't know a lot of things. Those kinds of things always cause anxiety for me, but that's part of why I travel. Time and time again it has been proven that there was never been anything to worry about. There was nothing to lose sleep over. There was nothing to fear. To be able to look back and say, "yeah! I did that!" is such an amazing feeling. 

And!! Best news of the day was that I found my South African magnet to add my collection! :)


1 comment:

  1. Gee whiz...too bad some of your friends don't tell you that in advance...

    ReplyDelete