Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Let's go Keisha!

I apologize in advance as this blog contains links that you'll have to copy and paste if you wish to view them. Posting blog updates from my phone comes with it's challenges and this is one of them. 

The place I'm currently staying in is LITERALLY steps away from the beach!
I took a lovely walk this morning and basically had the place to myself... And my little bird friend. 

Later on I went to Knysna Elephant Park. (Knysna is pronounced without the "k")

Here they come... Lining up for a feeding!
They were so pushy!! The one kept trying to knock the food out of my hand to prevent me from giving it to the others!!
And then we got some photo ops..

And then we went for a walk. My elephant's name was "Keisha." She's 13 years old and misbehaved the entire time.  I have a video of part of the walk and the guide saying "let's go, Keisha!" Hence the name of this entry...

here's a sELPHIE:
It was a great experience with the elephants!! Loved being able to interact with them up close!



It's the Xhosa language that so many people speak here !!! The clicks are really hard (for me) so I'll stick to saying, "MOLO," which means hi. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Dude...didn't you get to ride on one? Glad you are having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete