Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jaws theme song

Woke up before 6 this morning so I could do this:


One of the coolest experiences of my life!!! I went through White Shark Projects  (highly recommend them!!) It was a couple hours outside of Cape Town, but so worth the drive!!

Basically how it works is they send you down in the cage in the water with an air hole at the top. We clung to the top of the cage until they screamed "down!" And we would all hold our breath and go down. There was a yellow bar on the inside of the cage that was our safety to hold on to (it was further in than the rest of the cage) so our hands didn't get eaten. :) They had bait for the Sharks and in no time at all we saw so many up close! 

I was worried about the water because, as most people know, I hate the cold!!! But it was so incredible I didn't notice it that much... I even stayed in longer than most people!

At one point they had yelled, "down!" so I went down, but didn't see anything... And all of a sudden Devon (my name for him) aka Jaws was in my face ! He hit the cage at one point swimming by and I could have touched him. It was INCREDIBLE!! Everyone should add this to their bucket list!! 
It is Michelle approved !!




1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I have a nephew doing research in Stollenbach and he did this. A highlight!

    ReplyDelete